Monday, March 17, 2014
How to Perform Ashta Teertha ( Bath at 8 Holy Teerthas) in Ganagapur ?
On the day of Deepavali, Shri Guru said to the disciple, 'We shall have bath at Trishali (3 Holy places i. e. Prayag, Kashi and Gaya ) with family and children.
The disciple said, 'For such a long journey, we require some time for preparations'. Shri Guru says 'These holy places are near about. So there is no need for special preparation.'
Shri Guru then takes everyone to Sangam and asks them to take bath in
(1) Shatakula Teerth ( Bhima-Amarja Sangam) and says that it is like Triveni Sangam of Prayaga.He says how the River Amarja was emerged from the Nectar that fell down from Indras Hands and hence Bath in this River Prevents Diseases and Untimely Death.
Shri Guru then takes them to the Following Teerthas in the Way to Ganagapur.
(2) Nrusimha Teerth : The Bath in this Teerth and then worshipping Sangameshwara is like Worshipping Shrishailya Mallikarjuna and this fulfills ones Wishes. This Teerth is in front of the Sangam Mandir.
(3) Bhagirathi (Varanasi) Teerth : The Bath in this Teerth is as Holy as Bath in Manikarnika Kund at Kashi. It is because once a Shiva Bhakta Brahmin of Bharadwaj Gotra Pleased Lord Shiva with his Devotion and when Lord Shiva appeared he asked that he want to take bath in Manikarnika daily and have Darshan of the Lord.Lord Shiva granted and a Kund was emerged there and it joined the Bhima River here.
(4) Papavinashini Teerth : As the name indicates, Bath in this Teerth Destroys all the Sins. Shri Guru at this Teerth called his Sister Ratnai and Said, 'You had killed a Cat with
a Stick and therefore you are having Leprosy. You bathe in this Tirth daily and your disease will disappear.' As advised, she bathed here for three days and her disease was wiped off.
(5) Koti Teerth : A Bath in this Teerth is like taking bath in all the Teerth of Jambu Dweepa. One should bathe here on Sankranthi, Grahan, Purnima and Amavasya and give a cow with a calf in Charity. A Charity done here is equal to a Crore Charity.
(6) Rudrapada Teerth : A Bath in this River is equivalent to a Bath in Gaya and Shraddha etc must be Performed here.
(7) Chakra Teerth : A Dip in this Teerth is Even More Holy than the Bath in Dwaraka.
(8) Manmatha Teerth : This Teerth is in front of the Kalleshwara Mandir. The Bath in this Teerth and then worshipping Kalleshwara is like taking bath in Gokarna Teerth and worshipping Mahabaleshwara.